The richness of the Reception curriculum gives children a nurtured start to school, we will take children on a journey in and out of the classroom to broaden their knowledge and understanding of the world around them
- All about me – We cannot wait to get to know you all. This half term we will learn all about ourselves. We will find out how we are different to one another and how we are similar. We will learn about the different families within our class.
- Let’s celebrate – It’s time to celebrate! We will look at different celebrations and festivals celebrated around the world. We will learn what the children in our class celebrate and how it differs from the celebrations. We will respect other people views and listen to other children’s views.
- Toy story – The toys around us all work in different ways. We will find out how they have changed over time and how different our toys are now.
- To infinity and beyond – We will journey into outer space with a visit from the wonder dome. We will learn all about the planets in our solar system and how they differ from the planet Earth.
- Down at the bottom of the garden – As spring flourishes in our outdoor environment we will plant and grow our own flowers and vegetables. We will care for the natural environment and learn how to care for living things such as caterpillars.
- Oh I do like to be beside the seaside – We will learn how the coastal towns differ from the city of Sheffield and look at simple maps of England. We will enjoy finding out about holidays and places that we have visited.